How to Kill Moles in Your Garden
Having a garden entails a lot of responsibilities and one of them is to know how to kill moles that thrive in your garden. Moles are not really serious pests but they make your garden look unattractive by creating burrows, ridges, and small mounds of soil in your garden. They also dislodge and eat plants. They are not really dangerous and destructive but you would be better off without them.
You do not have to be an expert in getting rid of moles because there are some home methods that you can try all by yourself. It is important to try at least one of these methods to prevent moles from destroying your vegetation and from building unsightly hills in your garden. To give you some ideas on how to kill moles, you need to read the next few paragraphs.
- One easy way is to do something that will require the garden moles to modify their habitat. If you water your plants often, moles will tend to go to the surface, which means more obvious tunnels in your garden. You can lessen the frequency of watering and the amount of water that you use. However, make sure that the water is still enough for your plants’ requirement. You should also that this is only a temporary method and will not completely terminate the moles in your garden.
- If you want to completely eradicate the moles in your garden, you can use repellents or poison that can kill these garden pests. You can pour castor oil, red pepper, pickle juice, and other poisonous substances into the burrow that can kill these moles. One of the most effective poisons for killing moles is bromethalin. This substance can kill moles in 24 hours and are shaped like small worms, which make moles attracted to them.
- You can also drop broken glass or razor blades into the burrow to inure the moles and make it easier for you to catch them.
- For some people, learning how to kill moles might be too much. If you do not like the idea of killing small animals even if they are considered as pests, you can use a trap instead. You can use a can or any container where you can trap the mole. You need to plan this carefully if you want your trap to be effective. This requires more time and energy on your part but it is less dangerous to humans and other animals.
- Moles eat grubs or beetle larvae. If you want to get rid of moles, you also need to get rid of grubs in your garden. This is also a difficult task since grubs are small. However, they are easier to get rid of because they do not move fast, unlike moles. Just make sure to learn about the spots where grubs are usually found.
These are some useful tips on how to eradicate moles from your garden. Learning how to kill moles or learning how to get rid of them will ensure an attractive garden with lush vegetation.